2018 15U (Bantam) WLM Interlock Rules
- Rescheduling of games: Games cancelled for any reason must be rescheduled within 10 days by mutual consent of both teams. Teams should try to get the cancelled game rescheduled before either team has their next game.
- Fair Play Rule: All players must play a minimum of three (3) complete innings in every game. If in the event of shortened game, i.e. rain, darkness or ten (10) run rule, any player who did not receive the three (3) full innings must start the next game for (3) innings.
- A team who is sitting out a player for disciplinary reason must indicate the player on the line up sheet.
- Five (5) innings or four and one-half (4 ½) innings (when the home team is ahead) shall constitute a game if the game cannot be completed to seven (7) innings.
- Any game that does not reach a completed game shall be suspended and picked up from the point of stoppage with the same lineups (only changes that can be made are for players that cannot make the new time slot.) No shuffling of the other batters. No new inning shall start after 2 hours and 15 minutes. This includes any extra innings. The official recorded score will be the score after the last complete inning.
- Extra innings: One (1) extra inning will be played in the event of a tied game. If the game remains a tie after the one (1) inning then the game will be recorded as a tie.
- The ten (10) run rule will be in effect after 4 ½ innings.
- The home team is responsible for:
- Supplying both umpires (1 plate and 1 base). If there are no umpires, the game must be played using a volunteer representing each team. Shall the visiting team have no volunteers the home team will be responsible for both the plate and the base umpires.
- Official game scorekeeper
- Lining the field
- Game balls
- Submitting the game scores within 24 hours after the game to this link. https://secure.mailjol.net/allforms/u/e6965c67.php
- Rain status before the game. Rained out games or cancelled games should be called off 3 hours before game time. The team that is calling off the game is required to contact the manager or coach of the other team.
All rainout games must be made up. The game must be rescheduled within 48 hours of the rainout and the makeup date forwarded to the 15U WLM Director, so the schedule can be updated. Games that are not made-up will count as a ‘forfeit” for both teams.
Rainouts that involve travel for the island team to the mainland or for mainland teams to the island are difficult to makeup. Therefore, the following policy will apply.
- If the game was postponed prior to the away team travelling (for example,
before Sunshine Coast got on the ferry) the game will be made up.
- If the away team travels and the game is rained out the game will be made up if one of the teams is willing to travel to play the game. In this case, the game will only be rescheduled by the 15U WLM Director, if the result impacts provincial qualification (not seeding).
- 15U (Bantam): Everyone bats
- A team who is short players during regular season games may use only 13U (PeeWee) A or 15U (Bantam) A players from within your own association. For any playoff games, only 13U (PeeWee) A players from your association may be used. The players “on loan” will not be allowed to pitch for your team. Please be aware that a call up player may only be allowed to play 4 games and 1 tournament. If the player exceeds, the penalties will be as defined in the BC Baseball Rulebook. Coach’s use this option responsibly by getting permission from the players coach and of course not abusing the rule.
- Run Limit: 3 outs or a maximum of 4 runs per inning other than –
- Up to and including April 30 – only the 6th inning (shall it be reached) and 7th inning (which in this case is now considered the extra and other extra inning) shall be declared open innings. If the 6th inning is not reached there are no Open Innings.
- May 1st onwards – only the 7th inning (shall it be reached) and 8th (extra and only extra inning if required) shall be declared as open. If the 7th inning is not reached, there are no open innings.
- 15U (Bantam) New Bat Rule and Cleats
- Bats – 2 3/4 inch max diameter, -3 max length/weight drop marked “BBCOR”, or -8 max length/weight drop marked “BPF 1.15” or “USABB”
- Metal cleats are permitted provided they are not sharpened or pointed.
- 15U (Bantam) Pitching Rules. The number of pitches and required rest
1-35 pitches = no rest
36-65 pitches = 2 nights rest
66-85 pitches = 3 nights rest
- The B.C.B.A Code of Conduct applies. Please refer to Rule 13 on the 2018 B.C.B.A. Rulebook.
Both team coaches are required to report any suspensions to the Interlock Coordinator. Failure to do so will result in your team losing the points awarded for the game where a suspension occurred.
- Standings are determined by Total Points however playoff seedings will be determined by percentage.
Win = 2 points
Tie = 1 point
Loss = 0 point
ALL RULES OF BC BASEBALL ARE TO BE USED OTHER THAN THE ONES OUTLINED IN THIS DOCUMENT.