DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity Clinches Lead in Ninth Inning to Defeat Daviess County
Posted April 4, 2018
- DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity snagged a late lead and defeated Daviess County 8-7 on Tuesday. The game was tied at four with DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity batting in the top of the ninth when Nick Dawson homered on the first pitch of the at bat, scoring two runs.
- Despite falling down by four runs in the ninth inning, Daviess County tried to fight back. Daviess County scored three runs in the failed comeback on a double by Jake Hansen, a walk by Cameron Nichols, and a wild pitch during Jameson Arnold's at bat.
- Daviess County opened up scoring in the first inning, when Kirk Liebert drew a walk, scoring one run.
- Daviess County knotted the game up at four in the bottom of the seventh inning, when Hansen's sac fly scored one run for Daviess County.
- After DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity scored one run in the top of the sixth, Daviess County answered with one of their own.
- Elijah Sartin was credited with the victory for DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity. He surrendered three runs on three hits over two innings, striking out four. Austin Bedell and Jalen Riley entered the game out of the bullpen and helped to close out the game in relief.
- Grant Oller took the loss for Daviess County. He allowed two hits and four runs over three innings, striking out five.
- Lukas Motley started the game for DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity. He lasted four innings, allowing three hits and two runs while striking out three. Nichols started the game for Daviess County. He went six innings, allowing four runs on five hits and striking out six.
- Quillen Flanigan, Riley, Jackson Murray, Sartin, Gabe Lawrence, Dawson, and Aaron Sary each managed one hit to lead DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity. DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity didn't commit a single error in the field. Lawrence had ten chances in the field, the most on the team.
- Daviess County racked up eight hits. Cole Troutman and Dalton Haskins each had multiple hits for Daviess County.
- "Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2018. All rights reserved." Any reuse or republication of this story must include the preceding attribution.