DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity Overcomes Bellbrook In Face Of Early 4-Run Inning
Posted April 4, 2018
- Bellbrook scored four runs in the sixth inning, but DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity still won 11-6 on Monday. The offensive firepower by Bellbrook was led by Nolan Sizemore, Jayden Elliot, and Cade Knisley, all driving in runs in the inning.
- Both pitching staffs had their hands full, frequently dealing with runners on base. DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity collected 11 hits and Bellbrook had eight.
- Bellbrook opened up scoring in the second inning. An error scored one run for Bellbrook.
- DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity pulled away for good with four runs in the fourth inning. In the fourth Jackson Murray singled on a 0-1 count, scoring two runs and Gabe Lawrence singled on a 3-2 count, scoring one run.
- DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity scored four runs in the seventh inning. DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity's offense in the inning came from by Murray and Jackson Medley.
- Nick Dawson was the winning pitcher for DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity. He went five innings, allowing two runs on three hits, striking out seven and walking one. Murray and Jacob Caldwell entered the game out of the bullpen and helped to close out the game in relief.
- Andrew Peters took the loss for Bellbrook. He surrendered four runs on four hits over four innings, striking out three.
- DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity saw the ball well today, racking up 11 hits in the game. Lawrence, Quillen Flanigan, and Jalen Riley all had multiple hits for DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity. Flanigan and Lawrence each collected three hits to lead DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity.
- Bellbrook collected eight hits. Jake Todd and Elliot each collected multiple hits for Bellbrook.
- "Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2018. All rights reserved." Any reuse or republication of this story must include the preceding attribution.