DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity Goes Down on Final Play Against Jeffersontown
Posted March 28, 2018
- DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity fell to Jeffersontown 9-8 on Tuesday on the final play of the game. The game was tied at eight with Jeffersontown batting in the bottom of the seventh when Reece Brinley singled on a 2-2 count, scoring one run.
- DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity collected eight hits and Jeffersontown had nine in the high-scoring affair.
- Jeffersontown knotted the game up at eight in the bottom of the sixth inning. Houston Meurer drove in two when he homered.
- Brinley took the win for Jeffersontown. He allowed four hits and three runs over three innings.
- Jackson Murray took the loss for DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity. He allowed three hits and three runs over one and two-thirds innings, striking out two.
- Nick Dawson started the game for DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity. He allowed five hits and six runs over two and two-thirds innings, striking out two. Christian Payton started the game for Jeffersontown. He surrendered five runs on four hits over four innings, striking out two.
- Henry Escobar led DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity with two hits in four at bats.
- Payton went 2-for-3 at the plate to lead Jeffersontown in hits.
- "Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2018. All rights reserved." Any reuse or republication of this story must include the preceding attribution.