Early Lead For Trinity Seals Fate For DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity
Posted March 28, 2018
- DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity fell behind early and couldn't come back in a 12-2 loss to Trinity on Monday. Trinity scored on a single by Dylan Byerly and a double by Noah Baugher in the first inning.
- The DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity struggled to contain the high-powered offense of Trinity, giving up 12 runs.
- Trinity scored five runs in the fourth inning. The big inning for Trinity came thanks to walks by Andrew Arnold, Hunter David, and Doug Stough, by Byerly, and an error on a ball put in play by Ben Metzinger.
- Thomas King got the win for Trinity. He went four innings, allowing one run on one hit, striking out six and walking zero. Josh Castleman threw one inning in relief out of the bullpen.
- Jalen Riley took the loss for DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity. He went three and a third innings, allowing seven runs on six hits and striking out one.
- Austin Bedell started the game for DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity. He allowed one hit and one run walking zero.
- Michael Diaz, Henry Escobar, and Jackson Medley each managed one hit to lead DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity.
- Trinity saw the ball well today, racking up nine hits in the game. Metzinger and Baugher each racked up multiple hits for Trinity. Metzinger went 3-for-4 at the plate to lead Trinity in hits. Trinity was sure-handed in the field and didn't commit a single error. Metzinger had the most chances in the field with seven.
- "Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2018. All rights reserved." Any reuse or republication of this story must include the preceding attribution.